LS Building Products is a trusted wholesale supplier of exterior siding for construction projects throughout Central Illinois. We carry an extensive range of vinyl, wood, fiber cement, composite, wood, and metal siding, in addition to stone and brick veneers from brands that include:
- Mastic by Ply Gem
- Royal Building Products
- LP SmartSide
- James Hardie Industries
- Versetta Stone
- Diamond Kote
Vinyl siding, also known as PVC siding, is a popular choice for modern exteriors, often mimicking the look of natural wood siding with its multi-layered design. Depending on the manufacturer and product line, it’s available in many styles, including lap siding, smooth siding, board and batten siding, shake and shingle, and vertical panel siding.
- Offers a wide range of colors, styles, and textures.
- Durable and resistant to fading, scratching, moisture, rot, and mold.
- More cost-effective than many siding options, with lower installation and maintenance costs.
- Requires minimal upkeep, eliminating the need for painting or staining.
Wood siding, known for its versatility and natural charm, is a classic choice. It’s available in several forms, including shingles and shakes, each with a distinct aesthetic. Shingle siding is sawn on both sides for a smooth, uniform look. Shake siding is split from logs and has a thicker, more textured appearance.
- Provides a natural, classic look that’s easily adaptable to different styles and colors.
- Durable, with the potential to last for decades with proper maintenance.
- Eco-friendly, biodegradable, and renewable.
- Simple to install and repair.
Take control of your build
Fiber Cement Siding
Fiber cement siding is a durable and low-maintenance composite of cement and cellulose fibers available as planks, shingles, and flat boards. Resistant to environmental factors like termites, rot, and fire, it offers functionality and safety. Fiber cement siding is an excellent choice for those seeking a balance of style, sustainability, and practicality in their home’s exterior.
- Lifespans of up to 50 years.
- Low maintenance, easily cleaned, and less demanding than wood siding.
- Aesthetically versatile, mimicking wood textures, available in various colors and paintable.
- Fire-resistant, providing enhanced safety compared to other materials.
- Weather-resistant, suitable for diverse climates and harsh conditions.
Typically made from aluminum or steel with a factory-applied weather-resistant coating, metal siding offers strength, fire resistance, and low maintenance requirements. Its durability and ease of installation make it a practical choice for construction projects.
Metal siding is architecturally versatile and achieves a range of aesthetics, from modern and contemporary to industrial to rustic and retro designs.
- Minimal upkeep required, resistant to insects, mold, and fungus growth.
- Durable, non-combustible, and capable of withstanding extreme weather.
- Reflects heat and UV rays, enhancing energy efficiency and reducing cooling costs.
- Long-lasting, with a lifespan of 40–60 years or more with proper installation.
Brick and Stone Veneers
Brick and stone veneers offer the aesthetic of traditional brick or stone without the structural weight and cost. Brick veneers, or brick slips, are thin layers of brick, while stone veneers can be either natural stone or manufactured, providing diverse design possibilities.
Brick and stone veneers are a cost-effective and versatile choice for adding character and functionality to a building’s exterior, offering a blend of aesthetic appeal, durability, and environmental friendliness.
- Wide selection of colors, textures, and styles.
- Require minimal maintenance beyond occasional cleaning.
- More affordable and lighter than solid brick or stone, easing installation and reducing structural load.
- Eco-friendly: many stone veneers are made from sustainable and recyclable materials.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Choosing the best siding material depends on your preferences, budget, and maintenance preferences. Vinyl siding is cost-effective, durable, and comes in various styles. Wood siding offers a classic, natural look and is eco-friendly. Fiber cement siding provides a balance of style and sustainability, while metal siding is durable and low-maintenance. Brick and stone veneers offer traditional aesthetics without the weight. Consider your priorities, climate, and desired aesthetics to determine the best fit for your project.
Yes, vinyl siding can be painted, but it's essential to choose the right type of paint and follow proper preparation steps. Opt for a high-quality exterior latex paint, ensure the surface is clean and dry, and apply the paint evenly. Keep in mind that painting may affect the siding's warranty, so check with the manufacturer for guidelines and recommendations.
Yes, aluminum siding can be painted. Clean the surface thoroughly, remove any loose paint, and apply a high-quality exterior paint. Use a primer for better adhesion, and choose a color that complements your aesthetic preferences. Proper preparation is crucial for a long-lasting finish, and consulting with the paint manufacturer's guidelines is recommended.
Cleaning vinyl siding is a simple process. Use a mixture of mild soap and water, or a specialized vinyl siding cleaner, and scrub the surface with a soft brush or cloth. Start from the bottom and work your way up to prevent streaking. Rinse thoroughly with a hose, and avoid using abrasive materials or high-pressure washers to prevent damage. Regular cleaning helps maintain the siding's appearance and longevity.
Cleaning aluminum siding involves a simple process: Mix a mild detergent with water, scrub the siding using a soft brush or cloth, and rinse thoroughly with a hose. Avoid abrasive tools or harsh chemicals that may damage the finish. Periodic cleaning prevents dirt buildup and preserves the appearance of aluminum siding.
Wood shingles and shakes offer a durable and eco-friendly roofing solution, typically lasting 30–50 years. The longevity depends on the material, with cedar being a popular choice for its durability, rot resistance, and aesthetic appeal. Whether you prefer the uniform look of machine-sawn shingles or the rustic feel of hand-split shakes, our customizable treatments and colors ensure that your roof will add a classic, sustainable touch to your property for many years.